Manages and directs the Staff of a Long-Term Care Facility (also known as rest homes or residential care homes) while meeting or exceeding the standards of care & ensuring compliance with state, federal and local regulations. This Long-Term Care facility is designed to care for the physical, mental and emotional well-being of its residents, an aging in place population. Position oversees the daily operation of the Rest Home ensuring high standards of operation and care are met. Responsibilities include management of personnel (nursing aids, dietary, housekeeping and maintenance) and ensure the safety, well-being, and quality of care of our residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manages the Human Resources function. Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises staff to ensure optimum resident care. Conducts weekly debriefs and annual performance reviews to maintain performance standards including corrective action and improvement plans.
- Acquire knowledge of State and Municipal regulations. Prepare for inspections and meet licensing requirements. Routine safety and fire inspections. Work amicably with Ombudsman.
- Oversee resident care as specified in the DPH regulations. Provide quality care for residents by meeting their physical and psychological needs.
- Participates in the creation of policies, procedures and ensures their implementation to maintain patient care standards and compliance for DPH surveys.
- Screens potential residents for admission and discharge form the facility admission process may include screening potential new residents (for their appropriateness for admission and ability to meet their needs).
- Assisting with eligibility for financial assistance and periodic reevaluations.
- Financial responsibilities include payroll; ordering of patient, kitchen, and other supplies; managing patient receivables and invoices.
- Manage physical plant and equipment issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in progressively responsible human services functions, of which three (3) years have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Three (3) years managerial experience preferred in health care setting: assisted living, home health, long term care or hospital industries and experience with behavior modification. Familiarity with Rest Homes and Residential Care Homes preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills for effective communication.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills, problem solving and decision- making skills.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Department of Transitional Assistance EAEDC program helpful.
- Assessment skills for screening new residents.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, national fingerprinting and driving record check.
- Manage up to 15 staff in three departments: Patient Care, Kitchen and Housekeeping.
- off 495 near the NH border (Haverhill, MA)
Salary and benefits are negotiable
Direct all inquiries to Irshad Sideeka at email@example.com