Administrative staff at the homes will be happy to help guide you through the financial process and answer any of your questions.

What Forms of Payment do Residential Care Homes Accept?

Each individual home is unique but most accept multiple forms of payment.

  • Social Security Retirement
  • Pensions/Annuities
  • Social Security Disability (SSDI)
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Veteran’s Benefits (Aid and Attendance)
  • Private funds
  • Long term care insurance


  • Each individual home has its own daily rate that is determined by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services.

Financial Aid Programs

  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) through the Social Security Administration. SSI requires that your total income must not exceed $1084 per month and that your assets not exceed $2,000.
  • Emergency Aid to the Elderly, Disabled and Children (EAEDC) through the Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance. EAEDC requires that personal assets do not exceed $250 but your monthly income exceeds $1084 per month.

Both financial aid program requires that you apply your total monthly income towards your room and board each month. The financial aid program will pay the remainder of the balance each month. If your income changes, the financial aid program will increase or reduce the amount, keeping the room and board rate the same each month. Both financial aid programs provide a stipend of $72.80 per month (amount set by the state) for Personal Needs Allowance. We encourage that you contact them directly if you would like more information or have questions regarding either of these programs.